Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sprinkle Cake Balls


Watch out Martha.

Just kidding.  I make one dessert and it goes straight to my head.  Or rather my waist line :/

Getting side tracked.....I need to focus.

So, I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!  We were able to spend the day with family and nobody killed anybody....WINNING!  We usually all get together at my Grandfather's house and everyone participates by bringing a side dish.  I have been exempt (at least in my mind) the last couple of year's because I am usually driving in from Dallas.  However, since we live down here now, I knew Michael and I would need to participate.  So while Michael was making mashed potatoes (that turned out deliscious!), I decided I was going to make cake balls.  Below is the easiest recipe ever.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup softend butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flout
1 cup yellow cake mix
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
3 tbsp milk
16 oz white dipping chocolate
sprinkles

Instructions:

1. Beat together butter and sugar using an electric mixer. 
2. Add vanilla, cake mix, flour, salt, and mix thoroughly.
3. Add roughly 3 tbsp of milk.  It should give the mix a doughey consistency.
4. Mix in sprinkles to personal taste by hand.  (I like more so I added more.)
5. Roll the dough into one inch balls, then place on foiled cookie sheet.  Chill for 15 minutes or so.
6. Melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals.  It melts pretty quick.
7. Use a spoon or some sort of utensil (whatever works best for you), to dip the balls into the melted chocolate.  I found that using a spoon was best to toss the ball in the chocolate, and then fish it back out.
8. Immediately cover with sprinkles.  Once the chocolate hardens, the sprinkles wont stick anymore.




2 comments: