Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween


Halloween has not always been a favorite holiday of mine.  As a kid, my holidays were ordered

1. Christmas (duh! obviously)
2. Thanksgiving (still not really sure why)
3. 4th of July (fireworks!)
4. Memorial Day (just kidding, although it is near my bday)
4. Halloween

You would think that since Halloween is the holiday of candy, that this would have been at least top 3.  Still not really sure why its not.  I don't know, I guess I was a weird kid.

But as an adult, I'm starting to warm up to Halloween.  I like the idea of dressing up, carving pumpkins, and eating candy til my teeth fall out.  Still not a fan of the Haunted House, but since you don't HAVE to visit a Haunted House to make it Halloween, this is quickly becoming a favorite holiday.  I even decorated for it this year.  So now my holiday's are newly prioritized.

1. 4th of July (love me some Summer and fireworks!)
2. Christmas (still a fan of the Lord's birth and family bonding)
3. Halloween

Next year (when we have a house), I'm thinking Halloween party.  Have a little pumpkin carving contest, strongly suggest wearing a costume (costume contest perhaps?), and throw in some close friends and family, how could we go wrong?  I'm hoping everyone is on board with it next year.  Until then, I'll just keep adding pics to my Halloween Pinterest board :)

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Can we come to the party? Dying to dress up and go to a party. Who does it anymore? We did have some great costumes at work this year. Little fun anyway. Couples of rude kids at door - but rest cute and sweet. Happy Halloween my darling DIL(daughter in law - ha)

    ReplyDelete