Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Framing a P


Somehow, very unintentional on my part, our new monogram has become very prevalent throughout the wedding decor.

Courtesy WeddingChicks

It was originally used in our invitation “packaging” to include our wedding website:


It was added to the utensil tags with a little “Thank You” shout out under it (which I also used on the hostess gifts):

I am still trying to figure out how to incorporate it into our favors, but that’s for a later post.  For another project, we had the monogram screen printed on white material, with the monogram being approximately 16x20 inches in size.  We had asked for two, but were given three because one was considered a “test”.  Luckily for me, I can’t tell the difference between the three of them, so score! Free one!  And I knew immediately what I wanted to use it for. 

Of course I have no pictures of any of the following (world’s worst picture taker, right here!).  I had managed to snag this great white and gold heirloom frame for $20 on one of my scavenger hunts, and I also had some quarter inch Styrofoam board just lying around, which is scary.  (We have a lot of things just “lying around” nowadays, and I can’t wait to throw it all away!  It’s starting to feel like an episode of Hoarders.)  Anyways, back on topic.  We measured and cut the Styrofoam board to fit the opening, laid the P face down on our coffee table, centered the foam board on the back of the P, and then glued the loose edges of the material onto the back of the board with mod podge.

The trickiest part was (1) making sure the monogram was centered on the board and (2) not fighting with each other while trying to make the board fit in the frame.  You see, I had measured the board a little bigger then the frame opening after a previous project was cut too small.  So, when the board didn’t quite fit into the frame on the first try, we had a difference of opinions on how to make it fit.  ANYWAYS, without getting too far into it, above is the great looking finished product and we’re talking to each other again J

We’re going to put the framed P behind the cake on the cake table to distract from this framed quilt our venue has hung on the wall.  It was kind of a last minute diy, but I love the way it turned out, and the fact that it’s going to cover up (at least partially) that awful, doesn’t match anything, quilt, makes it look even better in my eyes.

Winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment