Monday, April 30, 2012

Kicking Ass and Taking Names


I’m so proud of myself! I totally kicked our wedding’s butt this weekend! I have been feeling really antsy lately about not checking anything off my to do list, so on Friday (that’s right, I do wedding stuff at work, I’m not ashamed just don’t tell my boss), I came up with a list of things that needed to be done, and went to work Saturday morning. I was only distracted Saturday mid afternoon by a trip to the pool.

I managed to print and punch out 200 Thank You tags for our napkins.


On Sunday I was able to start tying them up in cute little bundles. These will be set next to every plate with a fork and knife in the middle.


On Sunday I made a mad dash to Michael’s and was able to finally snag the last few supplies that I would need for our picture display.


I had been working on my brooch bouquet all week. After a failed attempt at construction last Sunday, and a few more attempts mid week, Saturday night I was finally (FINALLY!), able to finish my brooch bouquet by wrapping the handle in twine.

Sneak Peak!

Finishing my bouquet also motivated me to wrap up my projects with these dang brooches, so I finished our brooch cake topper as well! Love it!


There were a few other little things I worked on as well. I mailed the last 5 invites that I had been missing addresses for and I delegated finishing the guest sign in book as well as finding the ties to Michael, so I don’t have to worry about those to do items! Whoop for delegating!

Why this mad dash all of a sudden when there is still two and a half months to go you might ask? Well, I started looking at the calendar, and realized that I have very few weekends left where I will actually be at home. I had this weekend, and I only have about 2 more before I‘m out of town every weekend following that. Hopefully I can finish the rest this coming weekend, but it’s going to be a nail biter folks! So stay tuned!

Think I accomplished a lot this weekend? I’m still on the fence about it :/

1 comment: