Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Saying Thanks


I don’t know about you, but whenever I receive a gift, I feel VERY awkward to not be giving one back. I feel that whatever you give should be of equal, if not greater value then what you receive. It’s just good manners.

Hmmmmm……that reminds me of somebody else.

Image Source

I love that show (and the above comic is HILARIOUS). I love how he breaks down societal mannerisms and makes them sound so scientific. Hilarious!

So if receiving a gift and not returning one in exchange is bad, you can imagine how awkward/terrible/unappreciative I would feel if I was to receive a WHOLE party. Especially an entire party where everyone brought little old me something and I couldn’t return the favor.

Image Source

So what’s a girl to do? Pinterest to the rescue!

Image Source

Ahhhhh! I love this site! It’s amazing! It is worth EVERY exclamation point you see in the above sentences (including this one!)!!!!!!!!!!!

To start off, every gift needs a card. On Pinterest I was able to find a cute pdf file that I could save, print, and then customize by penning a personal note inside. I think they’re cute and could really work for any instance when a “thank you” is needed.

Image Source

As far as what to give, there’s no way you can follow the above rule (giving/receiving gifts of equal or lesser value). So you have to remember, it’s the thought that counts. Especially when one of your showers is being hosted by EIGHT(!) lovely ladies. That’s right. That is no typo. One of my showers is being hosted by a total of EIGHT(!) people. So I have scoured Pinterest to find some budget friendly hostess gifts.

I am tending to lean towards an edible gift, and I have found two options that I love below. Who doesn’t like cookies or bread? And while I’m not personally a fan, most women can’t pass up anything with chocolate chips in it.

Image Source

Image Source

Or I could go with this cute little number. Buy a few oven mitts and fill with random kitchen necessities.

Image Source

Or, since it is a “shower”, I could mix up some bath scrub (instructions were provided!) and hand these out to each of the ladies. And that bottle is soooo cute with the twine tied in a little bow.

Image Source

I’m leaning more towards one of the top two options because (#1) they're edible (love food!) and (#2), I already have some mason jars that I could use to hold all the food/bread ingredients. Which do you think I should go with?

4 comments: