Thursday, May 24, 2012

Flowers


I’m sure this subject will be just as riveting for you as it was for me. But I know how important it is to most, so I figured I should include it. Not going to lie, when I started talking flowers with the florist, I zoned out a few times. So I do not blame anyone in the least if they choose to skip today’s post. No wonder Michael said I could handle this part on my own. What a punk.

So, now that we’ve set the tone for this post, I’m mainly going to leave the rest to pictures and just tell you what I like about each of them.

If you remember, this is what my original inspiration was:


My intention is now to leave about half of the bud vases with candles, and fill the other half with flowers. In the center of the table with be a blue mason jar to create the “center” piece.

I like baby’s breath. I like the simplicity. I like the color. And I love the price. Unfortunately, they tend to stink for most people so we will try to limit them to the great outdoors.



And if they happen to carry indoors, we will leave them mainly in small quantities such as the bridesmaid’s bouquets and the groomsmen’s boutonnieres.



I want the centerpieces to be mostly white, but if light pinks, peaches, blues, or whatever filter in, I’m not opposed. I’m hoping the centerpieces are filled with peonies, hydrangeas, garden roses, mums, dahlias, and daisies. I know some of these are out of season, but I trust our florist in making good decisions, and finding good look alikes 






And then to fill the bud vases, I asked for more dimensional flowers such as billy balls, thistles, spider mums, fern fronds, whatever those little flowers are in the first picture that I boxed, and anything else she can find.



Haha, did your eyes glaze over too? I’m just glad I included pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Actually - this has been one of my favorite posts. I so enjoy reading these. Love you Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete