Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Glutton for Punishment


Its over! Woooo hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

My weight loss experiment has come to an end. Thank goodness! Honestly, I can’t believe I made it. Heck! I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who thought I wouldn’t make it (my eyes are on you Roger!).

So was it worth it, you ask? Good question.

For me, it was a success, and totally worth it. I lost the same amount of weight in the 3 months leading up to my experiment, as I did during 3 week duration. I realize now, that I needed the double workouts to get over the plateau that I had reached.

What’s even crazier, I’ll probably continue the double workouts for the next couple weeks because I am so happy with the results. It’s nice to reach mid afternoon, and realize that you have already reached a normal person’s workout goal, and that your afternoon workout is just gravy. There’s no pressure to go slave away in the gym after work for two hours, when all you really want to do is call it a day.

Image Source

The one thing I’m hoping to adjust to a little better as I continue my 4:45am wakeup call, is to not start getting ready for bed until at least 9pm. Getting ready for bed at 8, when the sun is still shining, is, I admit a little ridiculous. Plus that would give me added bonus time to work on my last few remaining projects.

Have you ever started something you thought would be for a short period of time, only to continue it past the deadline? Did you like your results?

1 comment: