Monday, April 16, 2012

FINALLY! A Card Box



Much like making my venue decision, I knew what I didn’t want. The traditional wishing well. I’m sure its great for whomever chooses to use it. There is a lot of tradition behind using the wishing well that I’m sure most people embrace and cherish. It was just one those items that personally, wasn’t for me.

Image Source

And I’ll admit it. The first time this came up in discussion, I threw a fit. I’m not proud of it. I’m still not even really sure what happened. I’m 26 years old throwing a hissy fit in a restaurant. But it was never brought up again, so I think I still won, even if I lost a little bit of my dignity.

Some viable options that were always on the table, but I just wasn’t feeling 100%:

A friend of mine had used a bird cage at her wedding and I thought that it would add a nice vintage element if I chose to go this route. I figured it was a good Plan B if nothing else felt right.

Image via Etsy / Seller SouthburyTreasures

This idea was ok…. I feel like using the mailbox is starting to be symbolic of the Pixar movie UP!, and I couldn’t pull the trigger with that symbolism lurking in the back of my head. It just didn’t feel right. Also, Michael didn’t seem overly excited about using a mailbox either.

Image via Etsy / Seller SherrysStickers

I also had a few random ideas that I really liked:

Image via Etsy / Seller datcheldesigns

Image via Etsy / Seller SoPurdyCreations

Image via Etsy / Seller YesMoreFunk

But then, it hit me. It didn’t even feel like a ton of bricks. It was more like a slow realization that led to happiness because it felt 100% right. I love it when I have a gut feeling like that. It justifies whatever craziness is about to follow. Anyways, I’ll quit talking and just show you my glorified card box.

Personal Picture

Isn’t it great? Its simple and efficient; two adjectives not used as often as they should be in the wedding world. And luckily enough, I had already made my CARDS sign! Now the biggest problem is to decide how to display it. Oh yeah, and buy a program basket since that’s what I originally bought this wire basket for *eye roll.

So what do you think? Do I clothespin it to the top rung of the basket? Or string it on some twine?


Personal Picture

2 comments:

  1. It's your wedding. Do it exactly as you want - hopefully you only do it once sweetness. Love you FMI

    ReplyDelete