Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Finding My Label

The first couple months of being engaged, I felt overwhelmed with ideas for the wedding. Formal? Informal? Modern? Vintage? Vintage Chic? Rustic? Romantic? Whimsical (what the hell does that mean?)? And what if we didn’t choose the right one? How do we determine which one is right? And how do I answer the question of what each of the above labels actually meant, let alone looked like?

So I did what I do best, I googled…..

Steampunk? Not really a contender, but just thought I would throw it out there. I had never heard of this before and thought it would be pretty cool, but how do you get everyone to play along? I also felt like we missed the era by about 100 years or so, AND I didn’t want to feel like the Mad Hatter on my wedding day. Even though that hat is pretty cool.

Vintage? Too pastel for my taste. I’m more of an “in your face” kind of person when it comes to color.

Chic? Too edgy, but definitely getting closer. I liked the “shabbyness” of it all.

Rustic? Too country with the Wrangler pants.

A combination of my favorite elements of each? Perfect.

Vintage elements I fell in love with were milk glass bud vases and blue mason jars.

Chic elements that I knew had to be included were china plates, monogrammed table runners, and bridesmaid dresses with ruffles.

And last but not least were the rustic elements of burlap, boots, and Mason jar glasses.

I've been calling it "rustic chic". I love the combination of baby's breath, burlap, and lace!

Oh! And I want a chandelier. Not sure where or how yet, but it’s definitely in the back of my mind and on my To Do list.

I’m a little nervous about what it will look like in the end, but I’m trying to stay confidant that it will all come together. I think once we sit down with the flower vendor and hash out those details, I'll have a clearer picture in my head of what the final product will look like (I'll be sharing my flower inspiration soon, don’t worry!). I guess as long as it doesn't look like the wedding fairy threw up burlap and lime green everywhere, we'll be alright!

How do you feel about labels? Do you think mine is appropriate?

No comments:

Post a Comment