Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mini Me's



Image Source / Photographed by untamedheartphotography

When we first started asking people to be member’s of our bridal party, I had a hunch we wouldn’t be asking any little girls. In our lives, there are plenty of little boys running around, but we seem to be lacking in the little girl department. If we had really wanted one, we did have a couple options. However, at the same time, I didn’t want to pick just any little girl so that we could have the traditional “flower girl” standing at the altar with us. It honestly wasn’t a decision I really agonized over. The only thing that even makes me think twice now about my decision are the cute pictures I sometimes see on Style Me Pretty and other random wedding websites.

Image via greenweddingshoes

Oh well, I’m not too terribly worried about it. It is what it is and I’ve moved on. I’m pretty sure our ring bearer is going to provide us with enough entertainment and adorable pictures, so much so, we won’t even miss the flower girl.

Meet the first member of our wedding party that I asked and who said yes, my 5 year old cousin, Wil. He’s somewhat of a ham. Actually, that’s an understatement.

Personal picture from his 5th birthday.

He’s the only kid I know who could ski when he was three, and this summer he’s planning on learning to wakeboard. He’s been talking from the time he was born (slight exaggeration, he was about a year), and hasn’t taken a breather since. We often have sleepovers when I visit for the weekend, and I couldn’t imagine life without him.

Sometimes my aunt uses his outgoing personality for good.

Granted, I’m pretty sure he’s all we’re going to need as far as little kid cuteness goes at the wedding, but then I see pictures like these and I can’t help but wonder…..

Image via Etsy / Seller littledreamersinc

Image Source

Image Source / Photographed by photosbyallison

As you can tell from the pictures, if we were to have had any flowergirl(s), I would totally have put them in tutus and cowboy boots.

Did you forgo any wedding party members? If so, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment